Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Ubuntu through the Years: Introduction

I have decided to try out Ubuntu, every version of the desktop release beginning with 4.10. Why? Well, mainly it's for myself so I can get an idea of just how much the OS has come along over the last few years. I'm going to be starting with 4.10 and will be going all the way up through the most recent alpha release of 8.04 Hardy Heron.

I've decided to do this in my older laptop that I pretty much use to do all my messing around with now that I have a permanent system that I can use. Here are the system specs for the computer:

System Specs

IBM Thinkpad R40
2.0 Ghz Intel Celeron
20 GB HDD
768 MB RAM
DVDRW
16 MB ATI Mobility Radeon Video

First up is Ubuntu 4.10, the Warty Warthog. I'll run the install and see what I think.

No comments: